all student photos on this website are used with permission
Enjoy piano lessons!
Receive friendly, expert tuition with one of the UK’s most successful and widely respected piano teachers.
A graduate of the Royal College of Music London and University of Birmingham, Andrew Eales has the professional training and experience needed to provide the best music education.
Andrew enjoys a growing international reputation and is well known for his compositions, educational writing and consultancy work for ABRSM and other leading music education organisations.
Andrew provides a flexible range of music learning opportunities for pianists of all ages and abilities – from young children to pensioners, and from beginners right through to professionals. To meet the wide range of student needs, tuition can be on a regular weekly or fortnightly basis, or more occasional consultation lessons.
Teaching Style and Content
Andrew focuses on the positive development of each individual student at his or her own pace, enabling all to become confident independent learners, whatever their particular musical interests. Although trained to the highest levels as a classical musician, Andrew also embraces jazz, popular and easy listening piano styles, as well as composing and improvisation.
Andrew’s students benefit from:
Andrew’s students learn:
- How to play the piano musically and with a relaxed technique, avoiding injury and developing beautiful tone control and balance
- How to practice effectively, making fast and secure progress
- How to read music quickly, accurately and with musical independence and understanding (including Music Theory exam preparation)
- How to play pieces and interpret music with authority in a wide range of styles
- How to develop their listening ability and musical / aural response
- How to improvise and compose their own piano music
- How to play with and to others with confidence and enjoyment
Andrew places a high priority in helping all his students develop an Active Repertoire of pieces which they enjoy playing. This brings confidence, satisfaction and musical enjoyment to all his pupils, as explained by adult student Joni Hawkes in this blog post.
And unlike many private music teachers Andrew is fully DBS checked (his current certificate is on permanent display in the studio), has comprehensive public indemnity insurance, and is a member of the Incorporated Society of Musicians.
To find out more about lessons, please: CONTACT ANDREW